Debut children’s author, Ashley Davidson-Fisher introduces us to her children’s book, La Petite Josette En Provence:
La Petite Josette loves adventures and history and she is super excited for her trip to one of the most beautiful villages in Provence, France. What will she find? A castle, knights, perhaps a "treasure" to take home? There's so much to do before the trip, but with the help of her big sister, they'll be on their way in no time. Come join La Petite Josette, her sister Anne-Laure, and their parents while they have a picnic lunch of delicious, French food, go inside a medieval toy store, and explore the village. Are you ready? Vous êtes prêts?
· Parents and grandparents of young children will find the sweetness and gentleness of the illustrations (beautifully hand-drawn and water colored by the author's daughter), and the simple story line, will help to introduce their little ones to the French language.
· The short words and phrases in French will engage young readers, ages 6-11, and help to pique their interest in learning a new language or reinforce a language they already have some knowledge in.
· Children will also be introduced to one of the most beautiful and historical places in France.
· One does not have to know French in order to read it as the book is written mostly in English with French phrases throughout.
· French speakers looking to improve their English skills would also enjoy the book.
This is a very cute book. I love the story and everything about it. The author’s daughter did the illustrations and I love them.
Mixing in a little bit of French with the English writing comes off quite well.
Teaching children a second language when they are young is a very good idea. Their brains are very malleable and it’s relatively easy for children at a young age to learn extra languages.
If that interests you as a parent, this is a good place to start. The story flows well, the scene-setting is nice. The family dynamic is pleasant. Dialogue is lovely.
You will find this this story fun and lighthearted.
I award a score of 4.9 stars!
You can buy this book:
You can follow the author:
Here is a podcast:
Tags: Family vacation, France, historical sites, picnic, toys
Copyright © 2019 by Mark Schultz except for the author’s introduction
Leave a Reply.
Who am I?
An avid reader, typobuster, and the Hyper-Speller. I am a husband, father, and grandfather.
"I'm very pleased with all your efforts. Twitter promotion and proofreading were beyond what I expected with a book review. Your suggestions throughout the process of refining both books helped me immensely. I look forward to working with you again." A.E.H Veenman “Dial QR for Murder” and “Prepped for the Kill”